Pages

A LESSON ON COLOR







Y'all I have a little news to share today.  I was afraid to speak about it cause....I wanted to make sure I wouldn't end up with egg on my face....literally..... because with WW you eat a lot of eggs and I'm already sick of them but that is a whole other story. 

Back in February I flew up to NYC with Michael Ladisic [Ladisic Fine Homes] to meet with the team at House Beautiful.....

Yes..... let that sink in a minute.

You know...just a National Design Magazine

Instead of doing a Kitchen of the Year they are doing a whole house and picked Atlanta and then Michael to build it.  And he just kind of slid me in.

I'm such a goober....I didn't see anyone else taking pictures of their name tag:)


We had a tour of the Hearst Building.....


We were at the very top here....

Agenda....

It was an epic day for sure....there we were..... and across the table...... Sophie Donelson [the editor] and her team.   Lord I couldn't even speak....which will surprise all of my friends:)

"The Whole Home Project Concept House celebrates living with wellness and technology.  From a kitchen designed to make you healthier, to an entryway and garage organized to eliminate clutter and promote calmness, to every space around and in-between"

So excited to be a part of the team....but then amongst all the chatter I heard the word "color"**sound of scratching record**

Huh?  Do they know me?  Cause....

But in all honesty why am I surprised?  HB is known for their colorful pages.  I started to sweat...."Sherry can you do color?"  Um of course I can "color is my middle name....I was raised on color....I eat sleep breath color"

Clearing my throat.....meekly.....sure.

Fast forward to my first [key word here] go around with the bedroom.


Blush and blue gray....This is color to me:)  Apparently not to HB. 

 
And then the family room....



I fell hard for these colors in this Thibaut fabric!

It was a beat down....but hey in all honesty to a person who has white floors and white walls this IS color....hee haw.

And to be totally transparent....they did like it....at least that is what they told me.....[snickering in the background] but just not enough color.  So I said "do you mean like yellows, gold, teal, corals?"

Uh huh....yep that IS what they meant.  HB does not play when you are talking color......now I was sweating.  It's like a person who does recreational drugs compared to someone who is a full blown addict.

Suysel dePedro Cunningham and Anne Maxwell Foster

Miles Redd

Jeffery Bilhuber

So you can see I will have to think outside my neutral box to get this job done.  I think an interventionist or a hypnotist might be on the horizon.

Oh yes and speaking of Weight Watchers.....I'm hungry y'all.  I want some butter.  I'm tired of eggs...bacon....and fruit.  There is a lot of food planning involved.  I asked my sister how long we have to do this and she said.....what do you mean....it's forever.  

FOREVER....What?  Not too sure about that.  We need to talk.

Shastarving